Y is for Yak
Exploration of the human impact on species, specifically the threats on yaks. We have been continuing to hunt the wild yaks too at a rapid rate which are now considered endangered. There are less than 10,000 left in the wild today.
Now that we have taken, we must give back by:
📞 encouraging the ban of killing wild yaks by getting in touch with CITES officials (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna & Flora) when witnessing yak trading
🛍 making sure that if you buy yak products, buy them from sustainable small farmers that need your business. Double check if their products are sourced from domesticated yaks and not wild ones.
ABOUT THE PRINT:
- printed as part of 2021 Impact Alphabet Series
- 5"x5" Fine Art Digital Print
- All prints are signed by artist. Unframed.
- Printed digitally CMYK on heavyweight, 100% recycled 100#C French Paper Kraft-Tone card stock. Kraft-Tone is made from wood fiber that offers maximum strength and natural character.
*colors may appear slightly different from screen
- All prints are shipped from the US.
- All packaging material is 100% recycled and manufactured in the US.
- Packaging can be recycled in any curbside recycling bin when separated.
- All orders placed by 12pm (CDT) Friday will ship Saturday.