L is for Lemur
Exploration of the human impact on species, specifically the threat of lemurs. These primates are endemic to Madagascar along with 11,000 other species of plants/animals. Unfortunately, almost all of the 107 species of lemur are critically endangered. They suffer due to hunting/trapping and habitat degradation for farmland and the charcoal industry. For the Northern Sportive Lemur pictured above, there isn’t much time left and as little as 50 individuals are alive today.
We can do so much better by:
🦶 Lowering your carbon footprint to decrease the effects of climate change on areas susceptible to extreme weather (buy recycled paper materials and reuse as much as possible)
🚫 avoid buying rosewood which is a type of lumber that is home to many lemurs and contributes to the logging industry
🏝 support the Madagascar economy to help Malagasay people attain food other than hunting lemurs through responsible ecotourism and funding their lemur conservation organizations
ABOUT THE PRINT:
- printed as part of 2021 Impact Alphabet Series
- 5"x5" Fine Art Digital Print
- All prints are signed by artist. Unframed.
- Printed digitally CMYK on heavyweight, 100% recycled 100#C French Paper Kraft-Tone card stock. Kraft-Tone is made from wood fiber that offers maximum strength and natural character.
*colors may appear slightly different from screen
- All prints are shipped from the US.
- All packaging material is 100% recycled and manufactured in the US.
- Packaging can be recycled in any curbside recycling bin when separated.
- All orders placed by 12pm (CDT) Friday will ship Saturday.